LIFE INTERRUPTION

Coronavirus (COVID-19)....ugh! I have been aware of this horrible virus since January when it became so outspend in China.  I have been following it since its onset there. It literally shut down the entire country of China in January. It was boasted that the people of China were to have to largest human migration of travel for Chinese New Year. Families lives were brought to an abrupt halt as to what they knew. Kids who were so focused on education and following strict regimes were now forced to live life shut in a high rise apartment. Parent protecting their children from the spread of infection keeping their children inside not able to step outside to feel the sunshine on their skin, feel fresh air....nothing. It was horrible to hear child after child say they didn't do anything today."I stay inside", was said to me at least 6 times a day....everyday! The most real story I heard was from a 12 year old girl that broke down one night during our class...yelling "I've been inside for two full months. I haven't stepped outside of my apartment. I haven't seen anything outside except from the window! I haven't seen my friends, I haven't been to school. I'm tired of reading and just want to be normal again!" Even today I still hear it 4 months later. However, families are now beginning to go outdoors to do short activities together. Not without face masks though. School was suppose to start on February 13....that didn't happen. Systems were put in place for online learning by local teacher for children to start their schooling again. Hours and hours of online learning is now taking place and a new normal for now.The classes are split into three classes a day....what I found interesting was how they did P.E. A teacher would be on the screen and the kids are required to follow along inside their apartments. Most kids have said they 'run' (jog in place) and jump rope. 

I've been asked by several friends how my family is doing.  I'd have to say we are all doing really good. We are all practicing social distancing. We are able to spend time together because we haven't been out or around other people to risk contamination.  A few of us have 'essential jobs', but we are practicing awareness as well. My days are spent working early-early mornings, a nap for a few more hours, then find things around the house to keep me busy. I have been doing crafts,  refinishing furniture and sewing. Most of projects come as a spur of the moment necessity.  

My daughter who is due to have a baby just about any day...deciding to stay in town to have the baby to keep their family safe from the virus. Baby needs a place to sleep...Grammy pulls the cradle out of the garage that hasn't moved in years. Cradle needs to be fresh for baby. A labor of love ensued.  Virus spread worsens....family needs more protection...masks are made! Many of these projects are taking several days and keeping me busy. I'm not willing to even say that I'm bored during this craziness. Many days I'm alone just doinf something, which is fine. Usually when I'm not working on projects I'll take a break and go for a walk. Have you noticed how quiet the world is now?

I sincerely hope this virus will go away sooner than later, but from my experience I doubt it'll be any time soon. Just do your best to keep your mind busy and productive, this to shall pass. I truly hope everyone will stay safe and healthy. Prayers 🙏

Comments

Popular Posts