For the Love of Woofers
| Cutting out woofer treats...you'd think they were sugar cookies.... |
Okay, so Martha Stewart has dogs and I can almost say I'm pretty sure she would make the dogs food basically from scratch...well I'm not there yet. However, I do have a daughter who learned and does make chicken and rice for her pampered "chi-wi-wi's" from her in-laws. I haven't got to that point just yet, however, I am known to make ALL the woofers some homemade "cookies". The woofers LOVE their cookies!
![]() |
| Randal....we don't see too much of him because he's afraid of everyone...including himself |
![]() |
| My 3 critters...Susie, Sampson & Dude!!! |
So, that's why I decided to learn to make treats for them. I know they will eat them immediately without having to hide them or stalk each other to hoard them for themselves. They like the "cookies" so much, they expect to get one every time I open the fridge. I limit them to 1 a day...if they have been good woofers.
![]() |
| This is King Benjamin....Benji for short |
So its a labor of love for the four legged critters in my family. When all the kids come home to spend time, there could be no less than 6 or 7 dogs at the house. And....they are all small dogs! Mostly "chi-wi-wi's" and most without teeth! So when I make the cookies I've had to bake them for a shorter time so they are easier to chew...
![]() |
| Nicole & Marshall's "chi-wi-wi's" Frankie & Gilbert (aka Franklin & Gilby) |
Crazy! All just for the love of dogs!!! So does this help me qualify as a wannabe Martha Stewart, or no because I was already doing it? Well whatever it is, I know the woofers don't care, they are just happy to get their pumpkin "cookies"!






Comments
Post a Comment