My Introduction
![]() |
| This is me with my 3 grandbabies... and one of my ever-loving dogs Dude! |
Hi all!
So...I have come to realize that I am a Martha Stewart wannabe. Overtime, I have decided that I enjoy being a homemaker and love to see a beautiful result...but life, unfortunately didn't allow me to be one like Martha Stewart! There has been many changes in my life the past year that made me think of the different things that I enjoy in life and specifically what they are. When I was asked several times what I was passionate about, I couldn't answer the question. I'm interested in many things, but to name one specific thing I can't do. So with that being said this is my adventure to discover the many things in life and what there is to offer.
For the past several months, I have spend time in the kitchen cooking and baking foods that sounded good or looked good to me. I usually find recipes that I know the ingredients are in the house, so I ponder on the idea for awhile, then slowly make my attack on the kitchen. For many years, I hated being in the kitchen! I avoided it like the plague!!! I would do the bare minimum just to get by. Well, I'm working on changing that...and more than likely, I will mess up something or make a huge mess! But nothing that's not fixable or able to be thrown away or started over.
Another, Martha Stewart thing I've picked up on is sewing. I was given a sewing machine from my mom a couple years ago because she thought I would blow hers up from trying to learn a simple straight line. I have since made several baby-seat carrier covers, countless burp clothes, blankets, and baby toys (do you see a common theme here?) I want to venture out and learn other things, but straight lines is pretty good for me. Putting a pattern together is a bit of an intimidating thought to me right now, but I will soon make the effort.
My family has been amazed at all the new attempts I have been making. After-all, they benefit from it mostly!!! And they love when I tell them the something new I have tried. My girls encouraged me to start a new blog to share what I have been doing...because in all honesty, we are all pretty much at the same level of learning, but they are now just starting learn the joys of life and adulthood; whereas I already did what they are doing plus some. So come back often, as I will share all my mishaps and successes as this wannabe goes on with new adventures of life, trials and most likely a few mishaps...



Comments
Post a Comment