Do You 'Carrot' All

Again, my wanna-be-ness has me venturing into more unknowns....

I signed up to take a cake to a luncheon. Okay, so no problem baking a cake. But as always I wanted to try something besides a chocolate or a vanilla cake. That's simple...sooo I went digging into our stash of cake mixes. I don't know why we have so many cake mixes, but most are vanilla....how BORING!!!!  Ahhh...but I found a carrot cake mix. Seemed simple enough, right? I got looking at the recipe....add raisin, nuts & coconut. WOW!!! I have all of that! Soooo...I ventured to make my first ever carrot cake...

Okay...so it's not completely from scratch, but why not use what you have on hand. 


Sadly, I won't know how it tastes since it's for another family.  Plus, I wouldn't be eating it anyway since my lifestyle and food habits changed a few months ago...


Wallahhhh.....finished!!! I just hope the family will like it. I know some people love carrot cake...sorry it's just not my first choice of cake to eat. Maybe one day I try to make one from scratch.  I just need enough people to want to eat it so it doesn't go to waste. 

Any takers????

Comments

Popular Posts