'Sew' fun....
Now remember, I am striving to be the best possible me, and that still includes my desire to be the next Martha Stewart. However....I am a long, long way from her status.
Every day I am working to make a difference, not only in myself, but in life around me. Life meaning....people, places, things (isn't that what a noun is?)....basically my every day surroundings.
I had always wanted to sew things like my grandma. She made the most beautiful clothes. I never had the ability to learn directly from her, but she is my inspiration for wanting to sew. In the past couple of years, I have taken on the wanting to learn more and more. I knew how to do straight lines because I had tinkered with sewing here and there over the years with basic simple items. When my kids started having babies, I figured I could attempt to make the babies burp clothes. So I found easy patterns and how to ideas online. I don't even know how many I ended up making, but it wasn't just a couple. I figured since I could make those, I could try other things. My daughter showed me a car seat carrier cover she wanted. I watched the instructions several times, then figured I could do it. That I did....now 5 covers later, I can make a cover in a few hours.
I have had a pattern and material ready for several months to make myself a skirt, but I am scared to death to cut it out because I'm not confident about laying out the pattern onto the material. I will make sure I do this project really soon because I don't want to be one that person who buys material and just let's it sit around for 'Oh one day I can use it's. Nope that is not me....
This week I will have completed another carrier cover and a baby quilt for another grandbaby. I have found that I make a lot of mistakes when I sew, but if I get frustrated, I need to stop what I am doing and come back awhile later. I have found that I don't want to hate something I have wanted to learn for so long. It's best to take a break and come back later to fix and move forward.
It's so satisfying when I see my completed projects. What's even more satisfying is knowing my minor talent I am working on benefits the ones I love the most....


Comments
Post a Comment