Successes of 2019 and Beyond

I will be the first to admit that 2019 started off extremely difficult. January started with me needing surgery, broke, jobless (working my real estate business is not easy, but I never gave up) and in a bad mental state of mind. Every year I have made a habit to set new gals for myself to work on to become the best possible me. However, 2019 started in the deep pit of darkness. I set a goal to lose 30 pounds and exercise regularly....but starting the year off with a major surgery was not ideal I had surgery at the end of January and it literally took months to heal and finally feel somewhat normal.  In the meantime of having surgery and healing, I was flat broke with no income coming in whatsoever.  I was stressed beyond belief as to what I was going to do just to be able to pay my bills. While I was healing, I happened to come across an ad on social media to teach Chinese children English It made me curious so I looked at the companies website and figured what would it hurt to apply.  The process took months, but I was finally hired as an independent contractor on May 4. I didn't know what to expect, but I gave it my full effort.  I sat down and figured the minimum amount of money I would need to make just to be able to pay my car payments. I slowly started with a class here and there, but was completely sleep deprived.  I was waking up all hours of the night just to me able to make as much money as I possibly could. 

During this time, I also did a lot of bread and cookie baking, to also to make money to pay my bills. I figured I would do anything I possibly could to make ends meet. I was so tired, but I felt determined. I also need to add, I had hurt my back really badly around this time too, so I was going to therapy to help heal my back three times a week.

I was still not completely happy with myself though. I felt so uncomfortable with myself as a person.  I had gained weight FAST from the hormone pills I had been taking prior to my surgery. I knew the proper way to eat and how to exercise, but nothing I did made a difference.  I didn't know what to do, so I just kept trying. I kept going and going. Finally, I got myself to the point with teaching I was able to sustain myself financially with my debts beyond my original need. I felt I was finally needed to do something. Remember, my goals were always in place, but it was taking time.  I researched different programs that I was unfamiliar with.  I had success with programs in the past, but I felt I needed to try a different direction.  I reached out to my cousin who I had seen talk health, etc.  I finally asked her what in the world was this Optivia she has been talking about?  I had never heard of it.  She gave me the general information and nitty gritty about the program. I told her that I needed to think about all f my options and what would be best for me.  I took about a month to finally decide that I needed to at least make an attempt with making new changes for myself because what I was doing just wasn't working.

The beginning of October, I began the lifestyle change with full vengeance!  Fast forward to December 17, I had lost about 20 pounds and 25.75 inches! I honestly couldn't believe it! I stuck to the program and have gone through a huge learning curve.  In fact, I am still learning.  I struggle some days because I LOVE TO EAT! I never made food my life, but I have a saying, 'You can't say you don't like something if you never tried it!' I still stand by this.

This 'today's picture was taken December 17.

Moving forward into the new year, 2020, I am still working on me. I haven't changed my mind in anyway to become the best possible me. I have considered changing my goal weight and finding out what the best possible health I can be in.  I'm optimistic to see what new changes will happen to my body and heath.  To this point, I have gained energy beyond what I have ever experienced. Some days I wonder to myself when will I just sit down and relax for awhile without feeling guilty? I feel like if I sit, I get anxiety and can't just sit anymore for a long time.  Most days I find myself busy doing things for myself, teaching (resting or sleeping because of crazy teaching hours) and real estate and therapy still. I am a work in progress.  I have big dreams, but I struggle to figure out how I can meet my dreams right now.  I am learning it is one step at a time, one goal at a time.  Last year, I wasn't able to do one push-up, but I made a goal to just start with one and go from there. Today, over 70 days later I can proudly say I can do 8! I know this isn't a lot, but I have a disease in my arms called arthrogryposis that doesn't allow me to straighten my arms, so the ability to push and hold myself in the pushup position is VERY HARD! AND IT HURTS!!!!  I figured I would just do my best, which I did! I am still working on adding more pushup. I figure if I can do 10 it is WAY more than 0!
For 2020, I will stick to changing myself.  I will be out of debt by the end of the year.  I have other hopes and dreams, but for now I will focus on my health, financial and spiritual goals. I have been working on these now for some time.  I will make adjustments as I see fit.  I have never put my goals off, I consider myself a 'GOAL GETTER!' So, here is to a new year, a new me, and a new life I never knew I could have....

Comments

Popular Posts